Eden Camile Swenson

Eden Camile Swenson
1 lb 1 oz (510 Grams) 10.4 inches, Born December 28, 2009

Eden Camile Swenson

Eden Camile Swenson
A moment in our arms, forever in our hearts.

My Family

My Family
We love our little Eden. This was taken the end of November in Utah. Eden is in the photo too but in her mommy still. A few days after this photo we had our 20 week ultrasound of our healthy baby girl.

2 Hours Old

2 Hours Old
I couldn't wait to come

These hang above Eden's Bed in the NICU

These hang above Eden's Bed in the NICU
Nurse Averi made the footprints with her birth date, weight, and length. The NICU nurses are great.

About Me

About Me
This hangs by Eden's bed in the NICU.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The First 72 Hours are Crucial

We don't want to leave her side for the first 72 crucial hours. Here Jeremy is camping out in the lobby. I read, type on my laptop, talk to nurses and other families, eat drink, pump, eat, drink pump. The hours seem to go by quickly when we are at the NICU. We didn't go home the first night and Eden's nurse set up cots for us in an empty room to sleep a few hours. We didn't want to leave her side. Especially Jeremy, I couldn't drag him out at 3 a.m. an it had been snowing all night so I didn't want to drive in the snow by myself. So we stayed till 9 a.m. and then went home to shower and I napped while Jeremy went to work for a few hours at the office. Then we went back and stayed. Grandma Cami and Grandpa Roger brought us dinner from our ward friends and the Noah and Paige. We ate in the waiting room and played scrabble, read books, and colored for a couple of hours. The kids really want to see Eden but with Flu Season and H1N1, no one under 18 is not allowed in the NICU. Even then, only parents and grandparents are allowed to visit. We always scrub up as soon as we get there and then take turns visiting Eden and sending out our love and encouragement.

Last night we had dinner in the waiting room with the kids and our Morris Grandparents again. We read books and hugged and then the kids went home with Grandpa and Grandma. Jeremy and I stayed till 2:00 a.m. Last night was the first time Jeremy has slept in his own bed for at least a week. When I was bed rest at home, the couch was more comfortable on my hips so he slept on the floor by my side. Then in various rooms in the hospital, he slept next to me where ever he could. What a sweet heart and so sleep deprived. I am amazed he hasn't broke down yet. My strong man.

1 comment:

  1. Our prayers are with your family and especially Eden. Love Curt and Heidi

    ReplyDelete